News | Story

The United States Has Rejected A Polish Proposal To Send Fighter Planes To Be Delivered To Ukraine

The United States Has Rejected A Polish Proposal To Send Fighter Planes To Be Delivered To Ukraine

image Source: The Guardian

According to the Pentagon, Poland’s plan to hand over its MiG-29 fighter jets to the United States to boost Ukraine’s fight against Russia has been dismissed. At the same time, Russian officials said they were prepared to provide humanitarian corridors for people fleeing Kyiv and four other cities on Wednesday.

President Barack Obama appeared taken aback by the announcement by Poland’s foreign minister, Zbigniew Rau, who said on Tuesday that his country was “ready to deploy – immediately and without charge – all of their MiG-29 fighter jets to the Ramstein airbase in Germany and place them at the disposal of the government of the United States of America.” Apparently, the Pentagon has rejected the concept, claiming that it is not “tenable.”

The US Department of Defense said in a statement that the possibility of the planes moving from the base in Germany “to fly into territory that is disputed with Russia over Ukraine raises severe concerns for the entire Nato alliance.”

Even though “we will continue to talk with Poland and our other Nato members about this matter and the tremendous logistical issues it poses,” John Kirby, the Pentagon’s press secretary, declared that “we do not feel Poland’s approach is tenable.”

According to Mikhail Mizintsev, the director of Russia’s National Defense Control Center, Russian soldiers would “observe a regime of quiet” from 7 am GMT onwards to facilitate the safe passage of people desiring to flee Kyiv, Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv, and Mariupol from their homes. It was unclear if the planned routes would cross via Russia or Belarus, which were stipulations that the Ukrainian government had previously resisted.
Ukrainian authorities have previously accused Moscow of bombarding a similar refugee route intended to enable inhabitants to flee the damaged port of Mariupol to reach Kyiv.

Ukraine’s defense ministry posted a statement on Facebook on Tuesday saying that “the enemy has initiated an offensive directly against the humanitarian corridor.” The ministry also said that the Russian army “did not let children, women, and old people escape the city.” According to the International Committee of the Red Cross, many Mariupol inhabitants are experiencing an “apocalyptic” condition due to a lack of water, electricity, and warmth.

Related News

1 Comment

  • Alberto

    May 18, 2022

    Hola, soy Alberto del Departamento de Prensa. ¿Qué tal estás?

    Estoy interesado en explicarte cómo podemos hacer que tu empresa aparezca en más de 50 periódicos digitales como noticia por una única cuota al mes de 99 euros (Qué, El Confidencial Digital, Periodista Digital, Moncloa, etc.).

    Periódicos de gran autoridad enlazarán la web de tu empresa, consiguiendo así reputación y posicionamiento web.
    Nos encargaremos de la redacción de la noticia y el análisis de las palabras clave.

    Publicaremos tu empresa en más de 50 periódicos como noticia (No publi) de forma garantizada.

    Al ser una noticia, *no* se borrará.

    App para gestionar todo el proceso.

    ¿Me podrías facilitar un teléfono para comentarlo? Me encantaría hablar contigo.

    ¡Muchas gracias!

Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Share The News

Follow Us

Newsletter